STEEL FINISHING OPERATIVE
The Steel Finishing Operative is part of the team that cleans, prepares, finishes and assembles parts and materials for O’Carroll Engineering projects to ensure timely finishing and dispatch of orders.
The Steel Finishing Operatives will work closely with each other, and will report to the Dispatch Supervisors and Workshop Supervisors as required. The Steel Finishing Operative must ensure to communicate with, and follow instructions of, supervisors to ensure the smooth running of the finishing yard and maintain the highest level of quality control. The Steel Finishing Operative must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Each Steel Finishing Operative is responsible for checking their own work prior to completing work on that job. If there is any doubt seek guidance from a Supervisor.
Health and Safety is a priority and therefore in the role of Steel Finishing Operative you are required to adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and safety instructions at all times.
- Grinding, cleaning and preparing steel
- Shot-blasting steel
- Bolting, banding and assembling steel parts
- Assisting painter
- General maintenance, cleaning, operational functions
- Quality control of own work
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Assist in other General Operative roles as required
- Ensuring all parts are clean and in an acceptable condition
- Movement of materials as required
- Gathering items for transport
Requirements of General Operative:
- Previous experience in handling steel
- Experience in sanding, preparing and painting
- Undertake training as required
- Flexibility to move between projects
- C Driving Licence (desirable)
- Basic IT skills
The General Operative role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.