METAL FABRICATION APPRENTICE
General scope of role:
In conjunction with SOLAS, the Metal Fabrication Apprentice will learn on-the-job skills to ultimately equip him/her to become a Metal Fabricator.
Direction for the role:
- Read 3D technical drawings to assess job requirements,
- Use technologically advanced techniques such as BIM to extract job specific information
- Measure, mark, cut and tack steel materials,
- Engage in safe workshop practices including marking out, drilling, tapping, riveting,
- Work with a variety of specialised hand and power tools,
- Assemble components,
- Install steel systems on sites,
- Assist in various manufacturing processes; finishing, assembly etc.,
- Adhere to safe systems of work and company policies and procedures,
- Ensure compliance with all certification requirements, e.g. ISO9001 and EN1090.
***This list serves as an overview of the role and responsibilities and is not exhaustive***
Structure of Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship:
- Run in line with SOLAS guidelines,
- Phased block releases to Education and Training Board facilities and Institutes of Technology,
- More information available here:
Competencies of the Metal Fabrication Apprentice:
- Successful completion of relevant Junior and/or Leaving Certificate subjects; e.g. Engineering, DCG, Construction Studies, Mathematics, Metalwork, Technical Graphics,
- Proven aptitude for metal works, e.g. fabrication, welding work experience,
- Desire to be part of an innovative and growing team,
- Excellent team player
- SOLAS entry requirements are available here:
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.