Established in 1990, Killarney Precision Engineering Ltd. (widely known as O’Carroll Engineering) is the parent company of a group that includes O’Carroll Engineering, O’Carroll Engineering UK, Signature Stairs Ireland & UK. Offering fabrication solutions from feature to standard architectural metalwork, we specialise in commercial feature stairs (commercial & luxury domestic), balcony systems for MMC, industrial access systems & walkways. The company head office is in Killarney, Ireland but we also have a London office ensuring we efficiently service clients throughout Ireland, UK & beyond.
Clients | partners of ours are some of the leading construction management firms, architects, contractors, modular build and off-site construction firms, manufacturers and engineering consultants from throughout Ireland & UK.
Our unique digitised design-to-fabrication process is designed to enable our customer to manage their metalwork projects more efficiently and cost-effectively.
It encompasses the entire project process, combining digital site data (BIM information or 3-D site survey) with advanced methods of fabrication, digital approval processes and intuitive scheduling to ensure clients get quality tailored products, fabricated to be installed in the most efficient manner and to agreed schedules. We offer a range of finishes on both supply only or supply and fit products from architectural steel stairs, to large volumes of balconies for apartment builds or balustrading to escape stairs. Process Video.
O’Carroll Engineering’s expertise in certified, industrial access systems, walkways, metal stairs structures & balustrades has positioned us as a leading subcontractor to one of the worlds’ leading ship-to-shore crane manufacturers.
We can offer a full design & structural certification and carry the appropriate professional indemnity & product insurances. An ISO 9001-2015 accredited company, our highly qualified staff operate to the EN 1090 standards in a ‘lean manufacturing’ environment where quality and safety are the priorities. We have also been validated by Achilles BuildingConfidence.
****As specialists in feature stairs, balconies, balustrading & industrial access systems we stick to what we are best at and set-up to deliver efficiently – that means we do not offer structural steel framing type services as it is a different type of steel speciality.
- Design & structural certification, professional indemnity & product insurance
- BIM ready
- In-house 3-D site survey – capturing exact ‘as built’ dimensions
- Detailed 3-dimensional rendered drawings.
- Unambiguous quotations | value engineered solutions.
- Flat pack, supply only or site installation services.
- 130+ employees in a 10,000 m2 technologically advanced ‘lean manufacturing’ facility.
- 3-D laser technology – next generation laser cutting.
- CNC 3-D plasma profile cutting, CNC drilling line, NC folding.
- Robotic welding.
- Mild & stainless steel, aluminum and glass.
- Shot-blast and wet spray finishing.
- Aluminium extrusion specialists.
- Metal finishing and subcontracted joinery.
We specialise in feature stairs, modular balcony solutions, industrial access systems and walkways. We enable clients to manage their metalwork projects cost effectively, by merging digital site information with advanced fabrication methods to produce tailored off-site solutions, aligned to modern building techniques.
Position OCENG as a leading ‘off-site fabrication solutions provider’ (specifically stairs & balconies) to modular/volumetric construction firms internationally.
A technology driven, innovative, fabrication organisation where our employees and customers take pride in our work and operate in a climate of trust, respect and safety.
* Digitised ‘design-to-fabrication process describes how we import Building Information Models (BIM) or 3-D survey dimensions (‘as built’) to capture the reality of site conditions and integrate that digital information with our drawing packages, cutting tools, communication and scheduling systems.
This enables us to deliver on-time tailored products, communicate and collaborate with clients more efficiently, to compress the design process and identifying and eliminating potential conflicts and costs.