General scope of role:
The Metal Fabricator is part of the team of Fabricators and Welders who fit and weld steel components. The Metal Fabricator will primarily work from technical drawings to fabricate, fit and tack weld competent parts before the item is moved on for welding. The role will require the fabrication of components using a jig.
The Metal Fabricator will work under the direction of the workshop supervisors to produce components to the standard required. The Metal Fabricator is responsible for checking that their work is produced in accordance with technical drawings provided and that the component is handed over to the welder in an acceptable condition for welding. Components will be required to go through a quality control (QC) check by a member of the QC team. The Metal Fabricator must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Read and interpret technical drawings to produce steel components
- Take measurements to ensure accuracy
- Cutting steel as required
- Use welder to tack components
- Ensure components are as per the specification required
- Work from jigs as required
- Operate power and hand tools to complete jobs
- Run machines as required to complete jobs
- Maintain all health and safety standards at all times
Minimum requirements of the Metal Fabricator:
- Experience in the fabrication of metal components from technical drawings
- Working knowledge of steel
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Team player
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to move between projects
The Metal Fabricator role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Candidates must be available for shift work as required. A reasonable level of overtime may be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.