Tekla Steel Detailer
General scope of role:
The Steel Detailer is part of the Drawing and Programming team with responsibility for creating accurate and specific technical drawings. The Steel Detailer is a senior role within the Drawing Office and is one which assumes project management responsibilities and provides guidance and leadership to the Drawing Technicians.
- Create 2D and 3D drawings for use in all aspects of production, including but not limited to programming, fabrication, welding, assembly and site installation
- Ensure all drawings are created in line with ISO9001 and EN1090 requirements
- Liaise with clients and client representatives to ensure all jobs are completed to specifications provided with corresponding sign-off attained
- Work with the site survey and site installation team to ensure all jobs are completed as per client requirements
- Assign and oversee works to be carried out by Drawing Technicians
- Maintain administrative functions associated with the drawing office
Minimum requirements of Steel Detailer:
- Relevant qualification in architectural technology or engineering stream
- Advanced AutoCAD qualification
- Certification in Tekla Structures
- Significant experience in creating, reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Knowledge of EN1090 Standard and ISO 9001 Quality Standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise projects with ease
- Undertake training as required
The Steel Detailer will be required to attend any training events as identified as relevant by the Company. The role may change over time in line with Company progression and expansion. The Steel Detailer will be expected to progress with any such changes.
The Steel Detailer role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime including Saturdays may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.