The Stores Person is part of the team that ensures effective stock control and inventory management within OCE. The Stores Person ensures parts and materials are readily and appropriately available for all O’Carroll Engineering (OCE) projects to facilitate the cutting, fabrication, welding, painting and finishing of orders. The Stores Person will also work with the Site Installation team to ensure inventory is managed to allow for timely installation of projects.
The Stores Person will work closely with the stores team, supervisors and maintenance team, and must ensure to communicate with, and follow instructions of, the senior stores person and supervisors to ensure the smooth running of the workshop and maintain the highest level of quality control. The Stores Person must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Control materials moving into, out of and within the stores, ensuring all paper and electronic recording systems are up-to-date,
- Identify current, obsolete, and discontinued materials and equipment,
- Receive and distribute deliveries,
- Prepare items for dispatch and liaise with couriers,
- Assemble and prepare packs for dispatch, coordinating with dispatch teams, Stocking consumables in workstations,
- Stocking of Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) consumables,
- Raise Purchase Orders according to stock control regulations,
- Conduct monthly toolbox audits,
- Update Asset Management System,
- Fulfilling gas orders,
- Supporting all departments on stores requirements,
- Ad hoc tasks as required,
- Act as point of contact in the absence of senior stores person.
- IT skills; Microsoft suite, data entry, inventory control software,
- Stock rotation and movement of materials,
- Stock control methods,
- Understanding of PPE, tools, bolts, basic machinery,
- Understanding of metals and steel materials.
- A full, clean, driving licence is required for this role.
The Stores Person role will, in general, be one of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime will be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.