Steel Assembly Technician
General scope of role:
The Steel Assembly Technician is part of the team that assembles steel components, tack welds and bolts steel structures and modular components prior to final-fix of aluminium, timber and glass. The fabrication and assembly of these steel components require meticulous attention to detail to ensure seamless installation on site.
This role would be particularly suited to those with a mechanical aptitude, moderate welding abilities and an ability to read and interpret 3D technical drawings and 3D models.
Health and Safety is a priority and therefore in the role of Steel Assembly Technician you are required to adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and safety instructions at all times.
- Measuring, squaring, bolting, banding and assembling steel components
- Tack welding and/or bolting assembly components
- Ensuring all parts are finished to the high standards required
- Gathering and movement of materials as required
- Preparation and loading of items for transport
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Undertake training as required for role
Requirements of Steel Assembly Technician
- Proven experience in the assembly of steel components
- Experience in metal fabrication, steel erection and/or welding
- Working knowledge of a manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Ability to read and interpret 3D technical drawings and 3D models
- Undertake training as required
- Flexibility to move between projects
- Basic IT skills
The Steel Assembly Technician role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime and availability to work two cycle shift and Saturdays may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Training will be provided by O’Carroll Engineering.
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.