SITE GENERAL OPERATIVE (Kerry)
The Site General Operative is part of the Site Installation team who fit, weld, and install fabricated metal and glass panels and components and structure. The Site General Operative will primarily assist and take direction from the Site Fitters who are working from technical drawings to fit and install structures and components.
The Site General Operative will work under the direction of the Site Fitters and Site Installation Manager to achieve the high standard required. The Site General Operative is responsible for ensuring that their work is produced in accordance with direction provided. The Site General Operative must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
The safety, health and welfare of the Site General Operative is critically important and as such all health and safety policies must be adhered to.
- Gathering materials to facilitate the installation projects,
- Assist Site Fitters in the installation of modular components and steel structures,
- Take direction from Site Fitters on tasks relating to installations,
- Travelling to site locations in Ireland and the UK
- Maintain all health and safety standards at all times
This list is not exhaustive and duties may be amended, added or removed
Minimum requirements of the Site General Operative:
- Experience in working with materials such as metals, steel wood and glass
- Previous experience on construction sites
- Team player
- Full clean European driving licence
- Safe Pass (required)
- Availability to travel
The Site General Operative role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week. A reasonable level of overtime may be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role. There is an amount of travelling required with this role, currently throughout Ireland.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.