Metal Sheet Worker
General scope of the role:
The Machine Operator (Folding & Bending) oversees operation and maintenance of machinery associated with the bending and folding of parts. The machinery associated with the bending and folding processes currently includes the Durma, Mengele and Macri machines. However, over time O’Carroll Engineering (OCE) may add to, or change, the machines used to bend and fold parts. This role may then be responsible for the operation and maintenance of any such further machinery.
- Overall machine maintenance
- Develop and maintain a daily check system for all machines
- Jobs are planned and completed to meet scheduling requirements
- Efficient use of machinery to optimise output and minimise waste
- Monitoring and management of Kan-Ban where relevant
- Quality Control of parts produced
- Ensure all machinery is used in line with Lean principles
- Consistently develop and improve processes striving for increased efficiency
- Operate other machines as deemed necessary by production management
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001:2015 & EN1090
This list provides a synopsis of duties, and is not exhaustive.
Minimum requirements of General Operative:
- Experience in folding and bending metal components
- Sheet Metal fabrication
- Proven ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Working knowledge of steel
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Team player
- Proven ability to multi-task
The Machine Operator (Folding & Bending) role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday across one, two and three shift cycles. A reasonable level of overtime may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.