The Maintenance Fitter is part of a team who look after the maintenance of OCE assets and facilities. Maintenance can occur on a routine preventative basis or can be required on an unscheduled basis. The Maintenance Fitter will work closely with the Maintenance Electricians, and report to the Maintenance Supervisor, to ensure the safe & smooth running of the business. This role requires flexibility to carry out maintenance works across all O’ Carroll Engineering facilities. The Maintenance Fitter must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Actively complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and installation of machinery to ensure smooth running of workshop floors,
- Carry out maintenance, repairs and installations services throughout the factory,
- Update the Asset Management System (AMS) following any completed works,
- Work with the Stores Department to ensure the AMS is updated,
- Ensure all projects are carried out in line with OCE requirements,
- Routine maintenance checks on forklifts and document same,
- Put in place and review timers on machines, e.g. Bandsaw, Welders, etc.,
- Complete daily Fire Walks at the start of shift and record same in the Fire Walk Log,
- Manage and maintain stocks of gas,
- Attend meetings as required,
- Assist in apprentice training, ensuring apprentices are suitably prepared for their off-the-job phases,
- Further the Lean Process, partake in Lean initiatives and ensure Lean principles are followed,
- Partake in internal and external audits, as required, by the ISO9001 and EN1090 standards,
- Undertake mechanical and other maintenance tasks,
- General ‘ad hoc’ duties as required and directed by production and facilities management.
Minimum requirements of Maintenance Fitter:
- Trade qualification as appropriate to the role requirements,
- Maintenance work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to move between projects
The Maintenance Fitter role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime may be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role. The Maintenance Fitter will be required to remain available for out of hours ‘call-outs’.