General scope of role:
The Maintenance Electrician is part of a team who look after the maintenance of OCE assets and facilities. Maintenance can occur on a routine preventative basis or can be required on an unscheduled basis. The Maintenance Electricians will work closely with each other, and report to the Maintenance Supervisor, to ensure the safe & smooth running of the business. This role is not restricted to electrical works and will require flexibility to carry out maintenance works across all O’ Carroll Engineering facilities. The Maintenance Electrician must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Actively complete scheduled and unscheduled repairs to ensure smooth running of workshop floors,
- Update the Asset Management System (AMS) following any completed works,
- Work with the Stores to ensure the AMS is updated,
- Ensure all projects are carried out in line with OCE requirements,
- Routine maintenance checks on forklifts and document same,
- Put in place and review Timers on machines, e.g. Bandsaw, Welders, etc.,
- Complete daily Fire Walks at the start of shift and record same in the Fire Walk Log,
- Manage and maintain stocks of gas,
- Act as Stores Assistant on nightshift (when required) ensuring colleagues receive required consumables, tools, PPE and all incoming and outgoing goods are accounted for,
- Attend meetings as required,
- Assist in apprentice training, ensuring electrical apprentices are suitably prepared for their off-the-job phases,
- Further the Lean Process, partake in Lean initiatives and ensure Lean principles are followed,
- Partake in internal and external audits, as required, by the ISO9001 and EN1090 standards,
- Undertake mechanical and other maintenance tasks,
- General ‘ad hoc’ duties as required and directed by production and facilities management.
Minimum requirements of Maintenance Electrician:
- FÁS / SOLAS Qualified Electrician,
- Maintenance, electrical or related work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to move between projects
The Maintenance Electrician role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime may be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role. The Maintenance Electrician will be required to remain available for out of hours ‘call-outs’.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.