General scope of role:
The Machines Operator role is to run machines in line with OCE requirements and machine operation guidelines.
- Operation of CNC Drill, Plasma Cutting and Laser Cutting machines, as directed
- Ensuring correct materials are cut in line with job specifications
- Ensure correct quantity of items are cut in line with job specifications
- Ongoing quality control of own work
- Ensure sufficient flow of work through machines
- Assist General Operative on shifts
- Maintain constant flow of materials to ensure maximum efficiency of machine
- Take part in any training required for the fulfilment of the role
- Ensure all works are being carried out in line with company and client requirements
- Maintain a safe work environment by following all health and safety guidelines and directions at all times.
***This list provides a synopsis of duties, and is not exhaustive***
Minimum requirements of Machines Operator:
- Experience in machines operations
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and excel spreadsheets
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Proven knowledge of steel and steel components
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and to move between projects
The Machine Operator role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday across three shift cycles. A reasonable level of overtime may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role. This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.