O’Carroll Engineering (OCE) specialise in features stairs, walkways and access systems servicing commercial architectural and industrial metalwork markets. We have an ambitious growth plan and we require a Junior Estimator to join our dynamic and innovate team.
General scope of role:
Reporting to the Estimating & Technical Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the OCE growth plan by supporting and ultimately taking responsibilities for numerous varied aspects of the estimating function.
- Collation and coordination of Pre-Production Only orders from estimate through to invoicing
- Preparation of Enquiry Packages providing supplier quotes
- Complete pricing and provide quotations for Signature Stairs products
- Preparation of Tender Packages to clients and prospective clients for non-standard products
- Maintain the Estimating Library
- Conduct cost analysis following completion of jobs
- Liaise with other departments as required to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery
- Work to a high level of confidentiality
- Ensure compliance with ISO9001 and EN1090
This list serves as an overview of the role and responsibilities and is not exhaustive
Minimum requirements of Estimator:
- Relevant qualification, i.e. Construction Studies, Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying and estimating
- Knowledge of steel materials
- Experience in working with architectural metal works
- Proficient in MS Office, in particular Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Proven ability to read and analyse technical drawings
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexibility to move between projects
You will be expected to attend training courses where necessary to assist you in carrying out these duties.
The Estimator role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.*
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.