Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller provides leadership and direction on the finance operations at OCE. The purpose of this role is to support the OCE operations and its growth plan with responsibility for the financial activities and operations.
Direction for the role:
- Engage in strategic and tactical decision making with the Manging Director and senior management team in driving performance, whilst considering and mitigating potential exposure around operational, financial and legal risks.
- Financial reporting, control and overall ownership of operational expenditure, providing budgets, forecasting and analysis, including reporting pack, tracking KPI’s, developing dashboard and other financial analysis.
- Evaluation, modelling and analysis of commercial initiatives and proposals, supporting senior management decision-making.
- Take ownership of and review the monthly profit & loss accounts to ensure the ongoing alignment with budgets and objectives.
- Monthly management of the balance sheet and cashflow; including working capital management.
- Partner with the wider business to achieve targets and drive efficiencies; lead on cross-functional business projects and strategic continuous improvement initiatives.
- Access and manage relevant enterprise and industry funding.
- Work closely with external auditors and implement agreed recommendations.
- Key contributor on the legal and regulatory compliance agenda.
This list serves as an overview of the role and responsibilities and is not exhaustive
Competencies for this role:
- Qualified Accountant – CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CPA.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior financial role, preferably within a faced-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Experience of business partnering at senior level.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, influencing and tackling decisions at a senior management level.
- Effective communication, decision making and problem solving skills
- Efficient work-flow, time and project management skills
- Advanced interpersonal, team-working and leadership skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT, with advanced knowledge of MSExcel, and, in interpreting and presenting data.
- Demonstrates agility and a willingness to embrace new systems, processes, technology, and ideas.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail and a strong aptitude for analysing, reviewing and coherently presenting financial information.
- Ability to perform under minimum direction with a positive approach to dealing with challenges and ambiguity.
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.