The Fabrication Technician is part of a team of Fabricators and Welders who fit and weld steel components. The Fabrication Technician will primarily work with jigs to fit and tack competent parts before the item is moved on for welding, however, the role may require the fabrication of components without the use of a jig.
The Fabrication Technician will work under the direction of the workshop supervisor to produce components to the standard required. The Fabrication Technician is responsible for checking that their work is produced in accordance with technical drawings provided and that the component is handed over to the welder in acceptable condition for welding. Components will be required to go through a quality control (QC) check by a member of the QC team. The Fabrication Technician must ensure all OCE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Fit mild steel components through the use of a jig
- Take measurements to ensure accuracy
- Cutting steel as required
- Use welder to tack components
- Read and interpret technical drawings to produce steel components
- Ensure components are as per the specification required
- Operate power and hand tools to complete jobs
- Run machines as required to complete jobs
- Maintain all health and safety standards at all times
This list is not exhaustive and duties may be amended, added or removed
Minimum requirements of Fabrication Technician:
- Fabrication, welding or related work experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Team player
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to move between projects
The Fabrication Technician role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime may be required at morning, evening or weekend time to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.