O’Carroll Engineering’s Values: A technology-driven, innovative fabrication organisation where employees and customers take pride in our work and operate in a climate of trust, respect and safety.
O’Carroll Engineering’s Mission: We specialise in feature stairs, modular balcony solutions, industrial access systems and walkways. We enable clients to manage their metalwork projects cost effectively, by merging digital site information with advanced fabrication methods to produce tailored off-site solutions, aligned to modern building techniques.
O’Carroll Engineering’s Vision: Position OCE as a leading ‘off-site fabrication solutions provider’ (specifically stairs & balconies) to modular/volumetric construction firms internationally.
Direction for this role:
Reporting to the Estimating & Technical Department Manager, the purpose of this role is to support the OCE growth plan by effectively engaging between the Research & Development, Estimating & Technical, Production & Pre-Production departments. To achieve this, the Design Engineer will be required to;
- Provide support to the Research & Development and Estimating & Technical departments, ensuring production requirements are met,
- Involvement in the design and structural analysis of projects for OCE, providing detailed specifications to Pre-Production and Production departments,
- Prepare, generate and analyse data for structural analysis & detail,
- Assess structural materials to ensure high standards of quality,
- Monitor the output of drawings, supporting the Drawing Office Manger to achieve quality assurance targets,
- Act as specialist designer in accordance with the Building Control (Amended) Regulations, 2014 and certify accordingly,
- Prepare all project related design and correspondence in conjunction with your colleagues,
- Liaise with clients, consultants and internal team members to manage projects and ensure the highest level of customer care and service,
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, building contractors, local authority, and other engineers as required,
- Ensure optimal design to highest standards,
- Guarantee best value in all endeavours,
- Ensure all legislative standards and requirements are met,
- Further, the Lean Process, partake in Lean initiatives and ensure Lean principles are followed
Competencies of the Design Engineer:
In order to effectively fulfil the requirements of this role, the Design Engineer must possess the following competencies;
- Relevant engineering degree or similar qualification,
- In-depth technical and working knowledge of designing for steel fabrication,
- High performer with proven success in a similar engineering role,
- Significant & proven experience in Finite element design programmes – Robot, Ansys etc.,
- Verifiable history and proven successful track record in working to with Euro and BS design codes,
- Demonstrable proficiency in all aspects of MS Office,
- Analytical thinker and effective communicator with decision making and problem solving skills,
- Efficient work-flow, time and project management skills,
- Strong and effective professional relationship builder with excellent commercial awareness,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with fluency in technical English,
- Proficiency in Project Management IT systems,
- Flexibility to move between projects and ability to multi-task,
- Knowledge and experience of working to CE Marking (EN1090) would be a distinct advantage,
- Experience in working to ISO9001 and Lean Manufacturing would be beneficial.
Opportunities within the role:
The Design Engineer will be provided with support, direction, guidance, feedback and updates from the Senior Leadership Team to complete their role to the fullest of its potential in line with the direction of the organisation.
Such opportunities include the provision of a safe and dignified work environment with the opportunity to implement ideas for improvement and encourage collaboration amongst our colleagues. The role will also be supported by means of the provision of all necessary tools, equipment, Personal Protective Equipment and work processes. Our medium sized enterprise allows for progression within and across departments. Training and development is encouraged and the Design Engineer will be supported in any relevant endeavours.
Motivation of the incumbent:
This role is best suited to a high performing individual wishing to work with an innovative and progressive organisation – someone who wants to be part of a team going from strength to strength. This person is motivated to achieve the highest standards in production and is provided with the appropriate feedback to do so.
This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.