The CAD/CAM Programmer is part of the Drawing and Programming team. The Programmer will work with the drawing, programming and cutting departments to ensure CNC Cutting machines are programmed correctly and effectively to ensure optimisation of materials and machinery.
- Create cutting lists for Plasma, Laser and CNC Drill Machines
- Programme cutting lists for Plasma, Laser and CNC Drill Machines
- Input drawings on Lantek software to enable machines to read drawings
- Generate detailed Excel spreadsheets
- Liaise with Machines Operators, keeping their workload flowing
- Ensure customer requirements are met
- Minimise waste of materials and resources
- Maintain administrative functions associated with the various drawings
Minimum requirements of CAD Technician:
- Advanced CAD/CAM or AutoCAD qualification
- Experience in programming machinery, preferably Laser, Plasma of CNC Drill machines
- Previous experience in reading and interpreting drawings
- Mathematically minded, confident and capable in inputting and interpreting numerical data
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluency in the English language
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to move between projects
The machines referred to above are those in use at the time of drafting this job specification. The CAD/CAM Programmer will be required to work with and additional machinery which may be acquired by the Company.
The CAD/CAM Programmer role requires a minimum of 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. A reasonable level of overtime including Saturdays may be required to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements of this role.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.