ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN (STEEL DETAILING)
The Architectural Technician (Steel Detailing) works within and supports the Estimating, Technical & Design (ETD) Department in producing technical drawings and models to advance O’Carroll Engineering (OCE).
- Creation and development of 2D and 3D technical drawings and models for use in all aspects of production, including but not limited to programming, fabrication, welding, assembly and site installation using software including TEKLA steel structures,
- Ensure details are accurate and appropriate for the environment within which they will be installed,
- Liaise with clients and client representatives to ensure all jobs are completed to specifications provided with corresponding sign-off attained,
- Collaborate with the site survey and site installation team to ensure all jobs are completed as per client requirements,
- Work collaboratively with production to reduce product costs through design improvements,
- Design for structural materials ensuring the highest standards of quality,
- Support specialist designs in accordance with the Building Control (Amended) Regulations, 2014,
- Prepare project related design in conjunction with colleagues,
- Demonstrate a commitment to product quality by maintaining compliance with the Quality Policy and all documented quality processes and procedures and ensuring drawings are created in line with ISO9001 and EN1090 requirements,
- Maintain administrative functions associated with the drawing office.
This list serves as an overview of the role and responsibilities and is not exhaustive
- Relevant qualification in architectural technology or engineering stream,
- Experience in 3D Modelling software, including Tekla Structures,
- Certification in Tekla Structures,
- Familiarity with Euro and BS design codes,
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office,
- Significant experience in creating, reading and interpreting technical drawings,
- Knowledge of EN1090 Standard and ISO 9001 Quality Standard,
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritise projects with ease,
- Undertake training as required
- Proven to be motivated and organised with excellent communication skills,
- Track record of ability to work to construction industry regulations,
- Fluency in spoken, written and technical English,
- Willingness to be adaptable and grow with the role, and the organisation,
- Experience in working to ISO9001, EN1090 and Lean Manufacturing would be beneficial
This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.
Resumes to email@example.com
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.