Human Resources Manager
(Specified Purpose Contract)
General scope of role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the HR Manager provides leadership and direction on the human resource and people management operations at O’Carroll Engineering. The purpose of this role is to support O’Carroll Engineering operations and its growth plan with responsibility for the organisational development function.
Direction for the role:
- Lead the human resources operations at O’Carroll Engineering
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach to leaders in areas of HR strategy, culture, leadership, talent management, rewards, and change management
- Manage labour planning and recruitment processes ensuring business requirements are met
- Ensure effective on-boarding, off-boarding and leave management
- Engage in compensation and benefit initiatives and oversee the implementation of same
- Cultivate training and development initiatives to drive high performing teams
- Drive employee engagement strategies across the Company to support current and future business needs
- Foster effective employee relations
- Partner with department leaders to manage employee relations and provide guidance on complex employment matters
- Manage grievance and disciplinary matters in line with company policy and best practice
- Develop, manage and maintain performance management processes and systems
- Compliance and policy management
- Effective management of end-to-end HR; employee data and HR administration in line with legislative requirements and best practice
- Represent the best interests of the Company in any legal or insurance matters
- Lead, manage and develop team members within the Human Resources Department
- Attendance and contribution at Senior Leadership Team meetings
- Consistently developing and improving systems and controls
- Develop, implement and adhere to relevant company policies and procedures
This list serves as an overview of the role and responsibilities and is not exhaustive
Competencies for this role:
- In-depth technical and working knowledge of employment legislation
- Demonstrable experience operating in a senior human resources role
- Proven ability to manage sensitive employment matters in a professional manner
- Experience in managing, motivating and influencing in a dynamic environment of rapidly changing workload, tight deadlines, in the context of high expectations and tight time frames
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Efficient work-flow, time and project management skills
- Strong and effective professional relationship builder with excellent commercial awareness
- Integrity and approachability with effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
You will be expected to attend training courses, seminars and business meetings where necessary to assist you in carrying out these duties.
This Job Specification is not exhaustive and is subject to change in line with business and operational requirements.
Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the email title.
O’Carroll Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.